I just recently moved into a new apartment and started the process of styling my home office and living space. We purchased a couple of these lovely expedit shelves from ikea and used one for a tv stand in my office and another for a bar (area) in our dining room. Unfortunately my office one has been taken over by the boyfriend, with his workout stuff, gaming systems, and binders..but the dining room one was all mine. I have been in the process of trying to style it with what I have and trying to find ideas on what to get. So, I searched around online and found a few tips that I thought I would share!
1. Vase :: Short enough to fit under a shelf and bold enough to add a pop of color. This can be used by itself or placed on a stack of books.
2. Storage :: For obvious reasons it creates easy organization and a clean look. It is also easily stackable with different sizes.
3. Gold Pedestal :: This is actually a table, but using a cake pedestal can fill up space and can have other items stacked on top or a show piece.
4. Candle :: A small accessory but a delicious smelling one at that!
5. Brass Kaleidoscope :: Brings in some metal texture and can easily match most decor in your home. Also perfect for on top of books.
6. Decorative Books :: Either stacked on top of each other or upright and held by a bookend. Great storage for good coffee table books too.
7. Plant :: Not only does it work well with shelf styling but it is also good for your health by reducing levels of formaldehyde.
8. Figurine :: These add character your shelf space and can easily be swapped around throughout the house. Use this on top of books or by itself.
9. Candle Sticks :: Not only are these fun and bright but they add height to your shelf and shape, which is perfect on top of a bookshelf like mine.
So, as you can see below I need to do some styling! (And buy a real camera so I can quite using my phone!..horrible, I know)