I know I haven’t done a recipe in awhile so today I thought I’d feature a delectable dessert. I found this recipe while on Mowielicious, immediately my mouth started watering. This pastry is popular in France and is similar to a creme puff here in the states. Feel free to pop over to Mowielicious, you will find tons of recipe’s and plenty of great photos, enjoy!
For the filling:
100g ground pistachios
150g whipped cream
150g vanilla custard
For the topping:
100g dark chocolate
A handful of ground pistachios
Some finely chopped rosemary (you can leave this part out if you’re not feeling particularly adventurous!)
1. Preheat oven to 195˚C. Line a baking tray with baking paper or a silicone mat.
2. Melt the butter with the water together in a pan.
3. Add the flour and mix together with a wooden spoon until a ball of dough forms in the pan.
4. Place the ball of dough in a bowl and beat in the eggs, one egg at a time.
5. Place mixture into a piping bag and pipe small balls onto your baking tray. Bake for roughly 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Place profiteroles on a wire rack and allow to cool.
6. Mix the cream, custard, sugar and pistachios together.
7. Once the profiteroles have cooled, cut each in half and fill with the cream mixture. Melt the chocolate over a water bath and once melted, drizzle over the profiteroles.
– Instead of the cream mixture, try filling the profiteroles with crème pâtissière or ice cream.
– Try mixing the chopped rosemary with the ground pistachios and sprinkle over the chocolate covered profiteroles.