Hi friends, happy Monday! Although this post might be a little late for the Holiday season, I thought I would share with you a quick little tutorial on how to automate and print addresses on envelopes using custom fonts. This is a perfect way to quickly print addresses on your envelopes using gorgeous calligraphy fonts! Aka: like this beautiful one HERE that I used for the sample (highly recommend it). Note: I did use InDesign and Numbers for this tutorial and will try to take a stab at using Word for those without InDesign.
See the video below for the full process and the step-by-step tutorial below on how to automate and print addresses on envelopes using custom calligraphy fonts!
– VIDEO HERE – | – TEMPLATE HERE + HERE – | – FONT HERE –
2. Export to CSV (without any empty cells)
3. Create Document in InDesign File (ex: 7”x5”)
4. Create 2 text boxes: One for the name and one for address (fill with placeholder text)
5. Style Each text box: font, spacing, formatting you wish to use on envelope
6. Setup ‘Character Styles’ for each box – Highligth the text, choose — ‘Type’ — ‘Character Styles’ — Choose ‘New Character Style’
7. Under ‘Data Merge’ Choose ‘Select Date Source’
8. Set each ‘source’ to coordinate with the text boxes. – Highlight the typed out name and select ‘name’ under ‘data source’ — repeat with address
9. Under ‘Data Merge’ choose ‘ Create Merged Document’
10. Fix and names that need slight adjustments
11. Save as PDF or Print for a 5×7 setup (this depends on your printer).
And please let me know if you have any questions!