Hi friends, I’m bringing you the last pretty desktop of 2016 over at Lark and Linen! I wanted to make it a bit different than normal and went with a personalized version for you this month. So snag up your own letter and pop it up on your desktop or your phone/tablet! Get yours over here!
I thought I would do a little something-something for you and give you a pretty Christmas Shopping List free download! It’s nothing too crazy, but it can be helpful as you jot your gift ideas down. I typically try to arrange my shopping by location, soI put a little ‘store’ line (I use initials for them), as well as a few other checkmarks. I also hate lists that are full width, because when I shop I use my phone (take a pic of the list), so now I can see each persons list vertically ;) Enjoy downloads below and happy shopping!
Ohh, I’m so excited to share with you my recent trip to the oh-so-beautiful Savannah, Georgia! I figured it would be easiest if I made a little Savannah Travel Guide for you, since I did my research and had a plan of attack while I was there for two days! First things first, Savannah is ADORABLE. It’s full of history, beautiful homes, instagram opportunities, small boutiques, gorgeous trees…etc. I’m in love, and want to go back immediately!
To start things off, let me just tell you about my stay at The Kimpton Brice Hotel…because it deserves it. This is the second time I’ve stayed at a Kimpton hotel, and friends…I don’t think I can go back to others now! Below are a few of my reasons why I highly recommend staying at Boutique Hotels (and the Kimptons at that) over others.
They are adorable. The Brice was an old horse stable (that burned down) as well as the first franchised Coca Cola bottling company. So tons of history in this building!
Every single person is super sweet and welcoming (especially the doorman)
Puppies can stay the night (and you know I love that)!!
Free wine hour from 5-6pm, with light apps :)
Fresh local coffee in the morning
Free wifi (for those like me who can’t stop working)
Beautiful interior and decor (hello amazing floors)
Bathroom Items: They have full size shampoo/conditioner, and a list of items you can borrow!
The robes are crazy comfortable :)
And the photos below speak for themselves!
Now onto a few places I visited and discovered during my short stay!
I couldn’t resist sitting and enjoying my latte at the most adorable cafe in all the land, Mirabelle Cafe + Suites. Bonus: As I was sitting and working a lady came in with a little dachshund! So double points for being dog friendly :)
Ohhhh Jones Street, I can now understand why you were voted one of the most beautiful in North America. From the cobblestone streets, hidden gardens, white pillars, beautiful antique doors, to the tree covered streets. You my friend are quaint, charming, and timeless. P.S. can you just imagine living in one of these places…I’d die.
If you are in Savannah and do not stop and enjoy the view at Forsyth Park you are crazy. It actually felt quite magical, and can’t even imagine how beautiful and serene it is in the early morning. Not only that, but there are various other parks (squares) that you can visit too, all beautiful and a perfect spot for a picnic. P.S. it was very bright out during my stay, so I couldn’t capture the real life beauty I saw (so you’ll have to visit yourself ;)
For dinner my first night I knew I had to try Pacci Restaurant since it’s right inside of the Kimpton Brice hotel. It was delicious, from the bread, the cocktails, and the Italian dishes. They also made a great latte in the morning for me.
For those who like to shop (or window shop) you definitely need to check out Broughton Street, as it’s full of local and high-end shops (I’m talking to you Kate Spade). But, before you do, pop into Leopolds Ice Cream for a quick sugar high before hitting up those shops.
Time to shop! First things first, I ran into this gem of a place and simply fell in love. I think The Paris Market is every girls dream shop. From the cafe, macarons, decor, mix of styles (men and women items, interiors, holiday), candles, local goodies, etc.. (I could go on and on). You have know idea how hard it was for me not to buy everything! I literally had only 3lbs left in my luggage (I don’t like going over that 50lb mark) or I would have bought up those candles and glasses in a heartbeat.
Aaaah yes, Chocolat by Adam Turoni, a fancy little chocolate shop that I could not step into. I actually have a soft spot for chocolate shops because one of my favorite movies growing up was Chocolat (with mr. johnny depp). And since I knew I had a couple days I figured buying just a few pieces wouldn’t hurt to hold me over. HIGHLY recommend the dark chocolate peanut butter cup (it was awesome).
While on Broughton Street you have to check out Savannah Bee Company! The have honey tastings, honey beverages, beauty products, coffee, etc. Once again, I wanted to buy a ton of honey…but again, didn’t have room :(
Last, but not least, a walk along River Street. Plenty of old buildings, small shops, dining, tours, riverboats, etc. I didn’t get to spend too much time here, but a must see!
Alrighty, with that being said here is a small Savannah Travel Guide that I used during my stay. I didn’t get to visit all of them, but I know I will again someday in the future..because this place is simply adorable.
Hi friends, thought I would let you know that I’m sharing my newest desktop wallpaper designs over at Lark and Linen today! For obvious reasons I thought it would make the most sense to keep it simple with the word Thankful. So, I got out my watercolors and pencil and created a few options for you below!
I realized in the past year I’ve been asked quite often what are some of my favorite calligraphy and lettering supplies, so I thought today I would finally share my big supplies list with you! This will be a lengthy post because I’ll talk about calligraphy supplies for beginners, advanced products to play with, other calligraphy tools, as well as my favorite lettering supplies. My go to is Amazon or Paper Ink and Arts!
Calligraphy Supplies for Beginners
01. HIGGINS ETERNAL INK :: One of my favorites, as it’s not expensive and does a great job. HERE and HERE
02. STRAIGHT PEN HOLDER :: I recommend starting with a straight holder, which is also great for lefties HERE or HERE
03. BEGINNER NIBS :: Nikko G and Zebra G are great nibs to start with, they are sturdy. (pack of 10) HERE and HERE
04. RHODIA PAPER PAD :: Highly recommend getting the dot or line version to start with. HERE or HERE
05. WHITE INK :: Dr. PH Martins is my favorite. It is quite thick and requires adding water to liquify to your liking but definitely one of the best whites out there. HERE
ADVANCED CALLIGRAPHY SUPPLIES
01. WALNUT INK :: A Current favorite of mine, it has a vintage vibe to it HERE
02. OBLIQUE PEN HOLDER :: Great to use for a better angle and more advanced holder HERE or HERE
03. OTHER NIBS :: Some nibs work better with other forms of ink, like HERE, HERE, HERE or HERE
04. FINE TEC :: I recently started using this and see it commonly used and worth a try HERE or HERE
05. PEARL EX POWDER :: Love this for metallics! It requires mixing gum arabic and water :) HERE or HERE
06. GOUACHE :: Best to create colorful ink! Does require adding the correct water/paint ratio! HERE or HERE
07. GUM ARABIC :: For mixing with the 2 above! HERE
OTHER CALLIGRAPHY TOOLS
01. THE LETTERMATE :: For addressing envelopes HERE
02. GUM ARABIC :: For mixing with pigment, great for envelopes, reduce cracking HERE
03. CONTAINERS :: To store your beautiful mixed inks HERE or HERE
04. GLASS JARS :: To store all of your new nibs! HERE
05. LASER LEVEL :: To keep that straight line when writing on envelopes/etc. HERE
06. PRACTICE :: Printable Guides for practicing your letters (can be placed under paper pad) HERE
WATERCOLOR + BRUSH LETTERING SUPPLIES
01. WATERCOLOR :: I prefer tube paint over cakes, better vibrancy and transparency HERE or HERE
02. BRUSHES :: I prefer sable or sable/synthetic mix, typically for lettering I use #1 or #2 – HERE or HERE
03. THICK PAPER :: I prefer a slight texture (and fast drying) coldpress paper 140# HERE or HERE
04. WATERBRUSH :: My favorite to fill with water or colored ink is Kuretake Waterbrush Small HERE
05. COLOR BRUSH :: I use this for my messy brush script (and can be dipped into water for a more watercolor look) HERE
06. COCOIRO PEN :: Letter pen which mimics a calligraphy pen style by applying pressure! HERE or HERE
07. WHITE PEN :: Great for envelopes, fake calligraphy, etc..I use it quite a bit for projects! HERE
That’s about it, BUT let me know if you have any additional questions!!
Because it’s my favorite time of the year I thought I should share with you my chic Halloween party inspiration that I’ll be using for my little soiree this Friday! I’m such a fan of black and white (obviously) and created the invitation based on that, but now thinking to add a little hint of blood red! I still want it to look chic, so I’ll include simple touches of calligraphy or brush script, some black decor, a few spiders, red treats, and of course a signature cocktail! Take a peek at my Halloween PINTEREST BOARD for more ideas!!